VMware Workspace ONE Community
LSIMM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

HMAC : HMACAuthErrorCode - Unable to get HMAC Token

Does anyone else see this a lot in device logs and know how to resolve them?

We seem to get this recurring 100's of times a day, mainly for the same devices over and over again, when I check back through the troubleshooting option for certain devices, they've been doing this for over a year! Spanning multiple console and Agent versions, currently all devices are on Agent v8.3.2 and console is SaaS v9.7.

' HMAC : HMACAuthErrorCode - Unable to get HMAC Token Request Url: http://ds500.airwatchportals.com/deviceservices/firedeviceevent'

' HMAC : HMACAuthErrorCode - Unable to get HMAC Token Request Url: http://ds500.airwatchportals.com/deviceservices/awmdmsdk/v1/platform/5/uid/d52e79aa441e1dc7910829f74...'

' HMAC : HMACAuthErrorCode - Unable to get HMAC Token Request Url: http://ds500.airwatchportals.com/deviceservices/awmdmsdk/v3/appcatalog'

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
24 Replies
AaronVanNorman
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, we've been seeing similar things as well.  We also see this one frequently on the same devices:
Authentication Error: Reason : AUTH-1005 (invalid token)
We're on Saas environment (CN420)
0 Kudos
AdrianPatrascuA
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,
  We see similar behavior on some Mac machines enrolled via DEP. This is also generating a change in ownership on those Macs from Company-Owned to Undefined ownership. This is the message received: HMAC : HMACAuthErrorCode - Unable to get HMAC Token Request Url:
Thank you,
Adrian
0 Kudos
ChristineDratva
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone found a solution to the problem that ??
0 Kudos
PeterMohr
Contributor
Contributor

We have the same issue. Any idea what is causing this??
0 Kudos
JoelMcGee
Contributor
Contributor

Is anyone having this problem on shared devices?
0 Kudos
JoelMcGee
Contributor
Contributor

We are seeing this in our on-premise environment.
KevinMigliaccio
Contributor
Contributor

We are finding that error ourselves but due to our usecase  it presents in a very problematic way.  Our shared devices when checked in and kiosk ipads are Locked to single app mode for extended periods and since they are Wi-Fi only they dont communicate with the time sync servers for some reason which causes a time sync error randomly we see this incongunction with the HMAC error when we can get into the logs... When the single app is something like WEB etc... a iOS upgrade will cause the time to sync and device to return to normal, however if the single app is Inteligent HUB the device wont receive any commands to come out of single app mode and had to be connected to a MAC to restore device.
Is anyone else noticing the time sync issue in conjuction with this error and are the devices Wi-Fi only or cellular?
0 Kudos
KirstiS
Contributor
Contributor

We are seeing this in our on-premise environment.  Version: 19.03.0.4 (1903). IOS devices, only Personal Devices. DEP enrolled and VPP applications only. Have checked token, certificates..................all I can think of. This is urgent for us now. Waiting for 500 devices to enroll. Anyone have a solution for me?
0 Kudos
alacy
Contributor
Contributor

I just saw this on a device in CN888.  I submitted a support request to find out what it means.
johnny0099
Contributor
Contributor

I've seen this too (on both Windows and Mac) and just assume that there is an MDM breakage somewhere. An eventual re-enrolment resolves the issue...
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

VMWare resolves this issue for a device the next time that they push an agent upgrade from the console.

They have also indicated that you can fix it by manually upgrading the agent on a device, but I have not yet tried that myself to resolve the issue.  I have a ticket pending currently.

zambono
Contributor
Contributor

Single app mode in iOS was having major issues on some version of iOS 12.  We created some bugs on Apples portal and they finally fixed it.  Hopefully that fixed your issue.  Ours had more to do with the apps going into the home screen thus locking even when it was set for them not too.

0 Kudos
SagarDhilaSagar
Contributor
Contributor

Did you hear back from them?

0 Kudos
FERRARESIEMANUE
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, any news on this error?

We have just started seeing it on some Android devices (AUTH-1005 (invalid token)) on a Saas shared environment.

Thanks

0 Kudos
LSIMM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Still no resolution but also still not sure what (if anything) this issue is causing in the way of problems either.

2 years and multiple console and Hub updates have not made any difference.

Now on console v2006 and Hub v2006, SaaS - CN500.

Anyone else have any luck?

0 Kudos
BethC
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

LSIMM​ - When I see this error on my devices, it is usually when the battery was completely drained and the device lost it's date and time and a manual intervention was required to fix it. I know there is a different, more specific HMAC error for date and time but this particular one still goes away once that is corrected.

0 Kudos
SHMike
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone have any luck with this issue?

0 Kudos
WeidmanJeff
Contributor
Contributor

Uninstall and Reinstall Intelligent Hub.

LSIMM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Not possible with Android Enterprise, Work Managed, as that would actually mean unenrolling the device, which in turn means wiping it.

0 Kudos