VMware Workspace ONE Community
GeraldMudd
Contributor
Contributor

In App Purchases and VPP Deployed Apps

Our iOS devices get deployed through DEP and apps are purchased through VPP and pushed through device-based assignment.  From my limited research, it seem like there is no way to do ' In-App Purchases'  for VPP apps.  The only options are to use an Apple ID for In-App Purchases or to contact the app developer to create another version of the app with the IAP features built-in for sale through VPP.  Has anyone been able to get a developer to do this? 
Labels (1)
2 Replies
RichB2u2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I am wondering the same thing. We have a SPED behavior app purchased and it has modules to be added as ' in app purchases'  but it says it cannot allow a subscription to be purchased since there is no Apple ID associated with the app.
0 Kudos
tfriedm
Contributor
Contributor

This issue has not been resolved. I just had the same issue come up with the Capture One - Capture Pilot iOS app that prompts for an In-app purchase after installing. I followed up with Apple Enterprise Support and found that the only way to do in-app purchases is to remove the "purchased" app via Workspace One and re-install it locally after creating an Apple ID and logging into the device. Then you can pay for the in-app purchase by associating a credit card with the Apple ID or purchasing Apple Gift Cards and associating with the Apple ID.

0 Kudos