VMware Workspace ONE Community
CyrilleGuillaum
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Boxer - multiple exchange account

Hello we are using Boxer as the corporate email application. Some of our VIP have two mailbox, and we would like to be able to configure this two mailboxes to be configured through certificate authentification. For security reason, we don't want that our users enter credentials on their phone other than PIN code. Today it is possible to do that but only for ONE mailbox

Labels (1)
23 Replies
msweisberg
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I keep being told that the next major version of Boxer will have support for multiple exchange accounts.  Last I heard it is due Q1 2018.
0 Kudos
CyrilleGuillaum
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Ok, but we really does not want to have to configure one of them manually !
0 Kudos
msweisberg
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The ability to add the multiple accounts via a configuration setting in the console and deploy it is what will be available.
0 Kudos
DennisStruppek
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. Have anybody new informations about this issue?

0 Kudos
CyrilleGuillaum
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I will be happy to have an update about this subject too !
0 Kudos
CyrilleGuillaum
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello, does someone have an update regarding this subject ?
0 Kudos
MotoTohda
Contributor
Contributor

It's funny that they just sent out a notice that they won another Gartner. This issue is completely ignored, Android still doesn't have fingerprint two-factor authentication... Maybe I should just talk to Gartner and let them know what really is happening. Airwatch unfortunately seems to have forgotten about the users...

0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert

Boxer android can support fingerprint. You have to enable it. It also supports modern auth. More than one exchange account is still lacking, yes.
0 Kudos
Roman76
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all, so new boxer versions are out... any news on this?
0 Kudos
ThomasCheng
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I'm certain this feature should be coming soon. I have experience with Blackberry Work and it has this feature. It seems to me VMware Boxer is still catching up with features offered by other PIMs.
0 Kudos
Boe_K
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This would be nice but I would personally rather see the Boxer team work on the performance and reliability of the app first and get that 100% smooth than circle back around and enable this feature. Thomas since you have access to both is Blackberry Work configured via a config file like Boxer or more the profile based route like Apple Mail? Just curious since looking it up in the appstore it looks a lot like boxer.
0 Kudos
ThomasCheng
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

With Blackberry Work, the feature is built-in without additional configuration. Blackberry recognizes the business need and builds features to suppose such need. After all, Blackberry work is a business app and not a consumer app. Boxer, on the other hand, was/is a consumer app bought by AirWatch/VMware.
0 Kudos
FrancaVH
Contributor
Contributor

Thomas, I'd like to exchange some experiences with you about Blackberry Work. I'm performing a deployment on a client that uses Blackberry Work, but I'm having trouble with the Blackberry UEM Client, which comes with BlackBerry Work in that environment.
As you work in your environment, can you use BlackBerry Work without the BlackBerry UEM Client? Could you give me some information on how this is possible?
Thanks.
0 Kudos
ArunasStankevic
Contributor
Contributor

Looking for this feature as well, as request from the Customer to have Corporate public account (like info@xxx.xx) to personal one.

A.
0 Kudos
AmaurySOBACOAma
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello,

another question about using Boxer with multiple accounts ...

my problem is the following, I would add a second mailbox (manually), but that points to the same Exchange server as the main mailbox.

Basically, restrict the use of Boxer to a single domain: Two different mailboxes on Boxer that point to the same domain @ example.com.

Of course, other mailboxes must not be possible ...

Thank you in advance,
0 Kudos
BethC
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Why is this still not available? We use CBA for our on-prem mailboxes with SEG and KCD. I created an identity certificate and added it to a new profile in Boxer settings but still it will not push the account configuration out to my test device. This works seamlessly on iOS native. Very frustrating.
0 Kudos
Boe_K
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hopefully they will announce this at VMworld (crosses fingers) my management has been requesting this and shared calendars ever since we moved off of traditional active sync and over to WS1.
0 Kudos
alldaymcrae
Contributor
Contributor

So is this coming anytime soon? This is kind of ridic that you can't push out multiple accounts with Boxer.
0 Kudos
Boe_K
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Jeremy while to us it seems like an easy thing to implement after talking with the team its a lot hard to implement then I would have ever thought. Might want to watch the talk they gave at VMworld as they gave updates on quiet a few features that are coming hopefully will see most by the end of the year.

https://videos.vmworld.com/global/2019/videoplayer/28941
0 Kudos