VMware Cloud Community
vmk2014
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Free Right sizing tools for Capacity planning and Cost saving analysis ?

Hi All,

I'm looking for free tools Right sizing tools for Capacity planning and Cost saving analysis  for Virtual Environment. Any pointers will be much appreciated.

Thanks

V

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

When you have the vSphere Cloud Suite license, you do have vROPS included afaik.

If you want to evaluate if it is right for your environment and your requirements, have a go at some of the vROPS HandsOn Labs.

There are 3th-party products offering a similar service, but none of these is free.

Blog: lucd.info  Twitter: @LucD22  Co-author PowerCLI Reference

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

When you have the vSphere Cloud Suite license, you do have vROPS included afaik.

If you want to evaluate if it is right for your environment and your requirements, have a go at some of the vROPS HandsOn Labs.

There are 3th-party products offering a similar service, but none of these is free.

0 Kudos
vmk2014
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

LucD,

Thank you for your prompt response. I was unaware that vROPS can right sizing, Yes, we have vROPS. Any idea or document which will help me to do Right-sizing from vROPS ?

thanks

V

0 Kudos
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

The right-sizing is ultimately something you will have to do yourself.

The tool provides reports to help you with that.

A good point to start could be Planning the Capacity for Your Managed Environment Using vRealize Operations Manager

0 Kudos
vmk2014
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

LucD,

absolutely you are right, that right sizing, i have to do, but first i want to pull the report to find out from where we can do the right sizing to save the cost.

Thanks

V

0 Kudos
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

That's where the reports I mentioned earlier come into play.

0 Kudos
vmk2014
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

LucD,

From Right sizing dashboard can we export the data in csv from power Cli ? vROPS dont have export feature.

thanks

V

0 Kudos
LucD
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Not sure for the dashboard, but for the reports have a look at Exporting vROps reports continuously using PowerShell

0 Kudos