Configuring the vRealize Log Insight Adapter in vRealize Operations Manager
To access the Log Insight page and the Troubleshoot with Logs dashboard from vRealize Operations Manager, you must configure the vRealize Log Insight adapter in vRealize Operations Manager.
vRealize Operations Manager accesses the first instance of the vRealize Log Insight adapter that is configured.
- Verify that vRealize Log Insight and vRealize Operations Manager are installed.
- Verify that you know the IP address or FQDN of the vRealize Log Insight instance you have installed.
class="p" id="GUID-33DAA688-CED8-4D24-8359-1FC1CEDD1191__p_65241B9CC86649C2B5061C58522CF9CF" style="color:rgb(33, 37, 41);font-family:Metropolis,Avenir Next,Helvetica Neue,Arial,sans-serif;font-size:13.93px;font-style:normal;font-weight:400;margin-bottom:16px;margin-top:16px;text-align:left;text-indent:0px"
- From the Integrations page, click VMware vRealize Log Insight.
- In the VMware vRealize Log Insight page complete the following steps:
- Enter the IP address or FQDN in the Log Insight server text box of the vRealize Log Insight you have installed and want to integrate with.
- Select the collector group from the Collectors/Groups drop-down menu.
- Click Test Connection to verify that the connection is successful.
- Click Save.
- From the vRealize Operations Manager Home page, click Troubleshoot > Using Logs from the left pane. If you see a statement at the bottom of the page, click the link and accept the certificate exception in vRealize Log Insight or contact your IT support for more information.
- From the vRealize Operations Manager Home page, click Troubleshoot > Using Logs from the left pane and enter the user name and password of the vRealize Log Insight instance you have installed.
Thanks. I have it integrated and collecting properly. I'm just a little annoyed by the version mismatch. I'm using Log Insight 8.0, and Vrops 8.01, but the adapter for log insight is 7.5.
Thanks! This is exactly what the issue was and I couldn't find that adapter download.