VMware Support Community
dgarciaadm
Contributor
Contributor

Failed To Collect Data: Data collection is unsuccessful for all configured product endpoints.

Hi every one,

I have installed a Skyline Collector Machine but in Skyline Advisor I see this meesage:

Failed To Collect Data: Data collection is unsuccessful for all configured product endpoints.

Skyline Colombia.PNG

This is the configuration:

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_4.png

pastedImage_5.png

thank you for the support

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Aditya2018
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello dgarciaadm

Welcome to Skyline Community!

The screenshots imply the data has not been sent in the past 5 hours, please reboot the Collector Appliance once and check if the Endpoints return to green.

If the Endpoints return to Green after reboot the same should reflect on the Advisor.  

Sincerely, Aditya Gottumukkala Skyline Skyline Moderator VMware Inc
0 Kudos
evfernandez
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi, dgarciaadm,

I was curious to know if you are still facing this issue.

Eddie Fernandez
Manager, Skyline Support
0 Kudos
mccutcheon3233
Contributor
Contributor

So some food for thought on the extra collection.  I have notice it is unable to collect any vsan metrics on vcenters pas 6.7u1.  I though it might been a ipv6 issue were i am at but it seem to me even on a fresh install it still does not collect the vsan items.

I am still looking into the code for a work around.

0 Kudos
Aditya2018
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello mccutcheon3233

Some of the metrics have been disabled on the latest version of Collector, it's to avoid duplication of data. It is part of optimizing data transfers.

I would like to discuss further on what you are referring to, please share your contact details on the following link:

Smartsheet Forms

Sincerely, Aditya Gottumukkala Skyline Skyline Moderator VMware Inc
0 Kudos