VMware Cloud Community
Hal_Styli
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Where can I get free ESXi 6.5 download?

Hello, I have a home lab and no budget or real requirement a for hardware upgrade.
I would like to move from ESXi 5.x to 6.5 since, as I understand it, the hardware support for older kit goes up with 6.7.

However, when I go to the download page, I can only see an option to download 6.7.

Can someone please let me know how to download the free ESXi 6.5.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Hal_Styli
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

That led me to a page, which said:
"! You either are not entitled or do not have permissions to download this product.

Check with your My VMware Super User, Procurement Contact or Administrator.

If you recently purchased this product through VMware Store or through a third-party, try downloading later."

However, I decided to register for 6.7 and it turned out that I could download 6.5 and indeed 6.0 from there as well as 6.7.

Thank you!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
T180985
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

From VMware...

Download VMware vSphere

There is usually a dropdown box on the download page that allows you to change version

Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue. How to post effectively on VMTN https://communities.vmware.com/people/daphnissov/blog/2018/12/05/how-to-ask-for-help-on-tech-forums
0 Kudos
Hal_Styli
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

That led me to a page, which said:
"! You either are not entitled or do not have permissions to download this product.

Check with your My VMware Super User, Procurement Contact or Administrator.

If you recently purchased this product through VMware Store or through a third-party, try downloading later."

However, I decided to register for 6.7 and it turned out that I could download 6.5 and indeed 6.0 from there as well as 6.7.

Thank you!

0 Kudos