VMware Communities
ylexus
Contributor
Contributor

Fusion with macOS and Windows 10 guest running Citrix Workspace: alt+tab only works with the second press of the TAB button

I am using a PC keyboard connected to a mac running Windows under Fusion. Inside the Guest OS, I run Citrix Workspace 19.11 to connect to my Windows work machine. Inside that connection, I'd like a full keyboard experience so I disabled all key mappings, mouse shortcuts and disabled MacOS host keyboard shortcuts in Fusion VM's Keyboard and Mouse settings. Everything works perfectly, except for Alt+Tab, which switches between apps. If I press alt+tab, a TAB character is typed. If, without releasing Alt, I press TAB again, it works as expected popping up task windows, and further TAB presses while holding Alt cycles between the windows. The problem here is the initial TAB. I work on code and my code is now full of unintended TAB characters!

In the guest windows itself, Alt+TAB works OK.

One would assume that it's purely an issue with Citrix, but exactly the same scenario with Fusion replaced with VirtualBox and you get Alt+TAB working fine. All versions are the same. So it's some kind of a weird Fusion/Citrix incompatibility issue.

Please help.

Fusion Version 11.5.1 (15018442).

macOS 10.15.2

Windows 10 build 1909

0 Kudos
0 Replies