7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 21, 2020 4:23 AM by Sebastiancl

Using the Set-NetworkAdapter PowerShell function - not able when machine is PoweredOn or PoweredOff.

Sebastiancl Lurker

I'm having an issue with the vmware.powercli PowerShell module version: 11.5.0.14912921

I'm trying to set the MAC address and Network of a network adapter attached to a VM.

But i'm unable to do so, due to the machine being PoweredOn or PoweredOff.

Stop-VM 'Machine' |  Get-NetworkAdapter | Set-NetworkAdapter -MacAddress '<MAC Address>' -Connected $true -StartConnected $true -Confirm:$false

Start-VM 'Machine' | Get-NetworkAdapter | Set-NetworkAdapter -MacAddress '<MAC Address>' -Connected $true -StartConnected $true -Confirm:$false

Suspend-VM 'Machine' |  Get-NetworkAdapter | Set-NetworkAdapter -MacAddress '<MAC Address>' -Connected $true -StartConnected $true -Confirm:$false

The only way I'm getting it to work is to Power off the machine, remove NetworkAdapter and create a new one.

Get-VM 'Machine' | Get-NetworkAdapter | Remove-NetworkAdapter -Confirm:$false | New-NetworkAdapter -MacAddress <MAC Address> -NetworkName $VMNetwork -StartConnected -Type e1000e

Error messages attached.

Anyone else having this issue?