VMware Communities
Dgengy
Contributor
Contributor

VMDK Corrupt After Host Hang

Hi,

My virtual machine crashed, and I'm getting this error.

The disk 'D:\W7\W7.vmdk' has one or more internal errors that cannot be fixed. Restore from a backup copy of this disk.

The specified virtual disk needs repair

Cannot open the disk 'D:\W7\W7.vmdk' or one of the snapshot disks it depends on.

Module 'Disk' power on failed.

Failed to start the virtual machine.

I have attached my VMware log. Thank you.

Regards,
Der.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator: Moved to Workstation Pro (although you may be using Workstation Player)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Welcome to the Community,

please download dsfok.zip from http://faq.sanbarrow.com/index.php?action=artikel&cat=47&id=111&artlang=en, extract the executables, run the below command in the VM's folder, then compress/zip all "xxx-....bin" files and attach them to a reply post.

for %i in (*.vmdk) do @dsfo.exe "%i" 0 1536 "xxx-%~ni.bin"

This will extract the header information from the w7.vmdk file, which I need to provide you with another command to extract all metadata from that file.

In addition to this, please run dir *.* /one > filelist.txt in the VM's folder, and attach the filelist.txt too to your next reply.

André

0 Kudos