VMware Cloud Community
Mulliganx
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Updating vRO PowerShell Plugin

Hello,

I have an added PowerShell Host and I am able to run a workflow 100% successfully via vRealize Orchestrator.  I created a XaaS blueprint that points to the workflow so that it can be submitted via vRA.  When I do this, the workflow is no longer 100% successful.  It becomes 50% successful. 

When failing, I receive below error.  However, I was able to trace the error to Spas' blog whom recommends updating the plugin version of Powershell on vRO.   I believe I am already on the latest version for v7.6, so I wanted to post here for any other suggestions or ideas what may be missing.  Much thanks

Error:

No valid credentials provided (Mechanism level: No valid credentials provided (Mechanism level: Fail to create credential. (63) - No service creds)) (Workflow:PowerShell Workflow / Invoke script (item0)#3)

http://kaloferov.com/blog/how-to-add-powershell-hosts-from-multiple-domains-with-kerberos-authentica...

vRO Version:  7.6.0.12923317

Current Plugin Version:  PowerShell 1.0.13.12839240

0 Kudos
4 Replies
stevedrummond
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Are you running on a clustered vRO?

And are you trying to use Kerberos authentication or just ntlm/basic?

0 Kudos
Mulliganx
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes, this is running on a clustered vRO using Kerberos authentication. 

Should any changes made to the krb5.conf on the master node replicate to the passive node?  Doesn't look like that is happening.

0 Kudos
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Well, strictly speaking, krb5.conf file is neither vRO configuration file, nor PowerShell plug-in configuration file, so I suppose that's the reason for file changes to not be replicated among cluster nodes.

0 Kudos
stevedrummond
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Yes you must make the changes on all vRO nodes.

This is why it works when you launch from vRO (I'm assuming you always connect to the "primary node" with your client) but doesn't work with XaaS (load balanced vRO).

0 Kudos