VMware Horizon Community
jzumwalt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Dual monitor only show one- other is undetected

I am having an issue with only one user out of a couple hundred. She only has one monitor detected out of two.

Really bizarre issue. I had this happen before when the Wyse thin (Linux) client had a setting that was ticked.

I have blown away the VM, I have reassigned, and nothing worked until I sent her to a different pool.

We are using Appsense for user profiles, but I have even blown away her personalization as well.

I am hoping there is a simple Reg key I can adjust that will help me in this..

Horizon View 7.5

Win 7 32 bit

Esxi 6.5

Thanks

Update:

When I move the 1 user this is happening to - the boom she get's both monitors and when I move her back to the original pool she only gets one.
I am recomposing the VM's and re-assigning  her to new ones when I switch her. I still think it has something to do with her profile. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Rajhere
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

If you do the following, are you able to enable the second monitor?

• Open a Run prompt
  • Type the following and click ok: desk.cpl
  • Select the second monitor
  • Choose "Extend these displays" from the Multiple Displays drop-down
0 Kudos
Rajhere
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

see if this also helps,,

How to connect to a VM on ESXi 5.1 with multiple client monitors?

its a quite older version but can you give it a shot and see ?

0 Kudos
jzumwalt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

only seeing the one monitor- which will happen if I login to a Wyse Thin client that has only one monitor attached to it. Normally If I login to a station and it has two monitors they both appear.

Which is happening to everyone in prod. and only this one user is having this issue.

Very weird - I am looking at the profile, the must be something that is tattooed in the Registry that I can't shake

0 Kudos
CTRIM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Are you using the Horizon Windows 10 App or the Horizon Client? I have found the Windows 10 app only allows one monitor while the horizon client lets you use multiple monitor.

0 Kudos
Samy_Jones
Contributor
Contributor

Hello jzumwalt, have you found a solution finally? I am facing similar issue and i am stuck, it is just too strange!

0 Kudos