VMware Support Community
scottlarsen
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Skyline Collector 2.3.0.2 "FAILED TO COLLECT DATA" and "Communication issues"

After all three of my Skyline appliances upgraded to 2.3.0.1 and then to 2.3.0.2, two of them have now entered a "FAILED TO COLLECT DATA" and "Communication issues" state.

(The third seems to be working correctly.)

I have restarted the two faulty appliances, as per the "Restart if in Inactive State" instructions (for the "syntax error in upgrade script" issue), but this hasn't helped correct the problem.

Any ideas to resolve this issue?

--Scott

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scottlarsen
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Found the culprit.

I was using an "@vsphere.local" account on the vcenter to gather the information.

By default, the account will have a password expiration of 90 days, as per the "vCenter Single Sign-On password policy" see: Edit the vCenter Single Sign-On Password Policy

I had to update the passwords for the account (and I changed the password policy as well).

The collectors are now connecting correctly!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
scottlarsen
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Found the culprit.

I was using an "@vsphere.local" account on the vcenter to gather the information.

By default, the account will have a password expiration of 90 days, as per the "vCenter Single Sign-On password policy" see: Edit the vCenter Single Sign-On Password Policy

I had to update the passwords for the account (and I changed the password policy as well).

The collectors are now connecting correctly!

0 Kudos