VMware Horizon Community
raleysm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Horizon 7 Connection not working

Rebuilding my server and I'm in the Horizon 7 area setting up the link in the add vCenter area. I get through step 1 but step 2 I'm putting in the Composer data and I received the error it cannot connect. I've tested both sides manually logging in. I've checked the ODBC drive installed with the connection to SQL using the v11 driver. The server with Horizon admin can ping the other server. At this point not sure what else to check or why that app will not connect. I even went into the hosts files and put in the IP's and DNS names to help the machine but still receiving the error that composer cannot reach it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Techstarts
Expert
Expert

Is this SQL or Windows authentication?

With Great Regards,
0 Kudos
raleysm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It is setup to be both and I have tried both but neither are working.

0 Kudos
Techstarts
Expert
Expert

can you share screen capture. Sorry ask you this. Actually I have came across this problem but do not remember how I solved it.

Is this SQL Express edition?

If yes, it is Dynamic Ports.

Here is blogpost

Using SQL Express for the Horizon View Event and Composer databases | VMwarebits.com

With Great Regards,
0 Kudos
raleysm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It is full SQL Standard 2017 and I already have it running in another area that I am checking to make sure it works so the screens match but its still not connecting.

0 Kudos
Techstarts
Expert
Expert

and what does the log says?

With Great Regards,
0 Kudos
raleysm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Which log file do I look at?

0 Kudos
raleysm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Found log file and receive that it cannot connect to https://192.1.1.1.1:443/sdk  link. Where do I go to look for this as yes the link gives a url error

0 Kudos
raleysm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It appears since I got VMware support on the phone that we couldn't figure it out so I reset the password on the vsphere.local user and it all worked and we are unsure why when we tested all passwords outside of the vCenter install.

0 Kudos
Techstarts
Expert
Expert

Glad the problem got finally resolved. Sad that we do not know why this happened.

With Great Regards,
0 Kudos