VMware Cloud Community
whiteboxs
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Virtual machine no snapshot wants to restore the system to a few days ago

I installed the windows2012 system of the virtual machine created by exsi6. Now the virtual machine has a problem. I want to restore the system to the normal state a few days ago, but I did not create a snapshot. Is there a technical solution to this situation?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

As mentioned by continuum​, this is not possible from the Hypervisor. However, you may want to check whether the Windows guest itself contains System Restore Points to which you may be able to revert.

In any case, I strongly recommend that you create a virtual machine snapshot prior to trying things, so that you are able to revert at least to the current state.

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
continuum
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You can not go back to a previous state unless you created a snapshot at that time.

The guy who invents such a function will be a rich man soon Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

As mentioned by continuum​, this is not possible from the Hypervisor. However, you may want to check whether the Windows guest itself contains System Restore Points to which you may be able to revert.

In any case, I strongly recommend that you create a virtual machine snapshot prior to trying things, so that you are able to revert at least to the current state.

André

0 Kudos
Maio312
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

also check if you have any backup solution , which is protecting server in different way either agent or VM

nishant
0 Kudos
serveradminist2
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

If you have backup solution, Like Veem backup then we can do recover complete virtual machine.

0 Kudos