VMware Support Community
kompanets
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Cannot update VMware Skyline Appliance to 2.3.0.1

Hello All,

Upgrading VMware Skyline Appliance to 2.3.0.1 I've faced a problem: "Failed to install updates(Update manifest not downloaded. Please try to download again. ) on Tuesday, 2019 December 24 05:00:02 UTC+"

2019-12-24 12_20_09-Window.png

2019-12-24 12_22_20-Window.png

Can anyone help me?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AjayChananaVMwa
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello kompanets​,

Welcome to Skyline Communites !

We had issue on version 2.3.0.1 therfore the download was removed.  We are now avaialble with Skyline 2.3.0.2 which is release today only.

You may try to download now.  it should work for you.

If you still face any challanges, please share you contact details in below form?

Smartsheet Forms

Sincerely,
Ajay Chanana
Skyline Support Moderator
MCSE-2003/2008|RHCA|VCP-5/6/VCAP-6

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AjayChananaVMwa
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello kompanets​,

Welcome to Skyline Communites !

We had issue on version 2.3.0.1 therfore the download was removed.  We are now avaialble with Skyline 2.3.0.2 which is release today only.

You may try to download now.  it should work for you.

If you still face any challanges, please share you contact details in below form?

Smartsheet Forms

Sincerely,
Ajay Chanana
paberger
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I'm on v2.3.0.2.15347811 and am getting the same error messages as the other people above.

I am using the default repository. I do not have a proxy. I have rebooted the appliance.

"Failed to install updated(Update manifest not downloaded. Please try to download again. ) on {date}

0 Kudos
AjayChananaVMwa
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi paberger

As per the version v2.3.0.2 you are already on the latest build. You may ignore the above message.

We're working on the error message that you are receiving "Failed to install updated(Update manifest not downloaded). Please try to download again" where the collector is already on the latest version.

Sincerely,
Ajay Chanana
paberger
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ajay -- thanks for that confirmation. I had a hard time finding out where/what the latest version of the appliance was. Good to know that Support is working on refining the "error" when there is no update available. Thanks!

0 Kudos