VMware Cloud Community
TaylorCounty
Contributor
Contributor

VCSA Creation

I am attempting to deploy a new VCSA...Photon OS iso is uploaded to the datastore. VM is created, CD selected, Connect selected.  When I start the VM, it always tries to perform a Network Boot, and fails with No boot filename received. Exiting Intel PXE ROM. No operating system found.

I can't even begin because the OS won't boot.

Please help if possible.

Settings Attached

Screen Shot 2019-12-24 at 8.29.53 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-12-24 at 8.34.39 PM.png

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TaylorCounty
Contributor
Contributor

To add more information, I just downloaded the latest VSphere 6.7.15**** thinking that may work.  I am getting the exact same errors as my original post. I also changed the BIOS to boot from CD first.  Upon startup of the VM, it immediately goes to Network Boot.  I am at a complete loss.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

The vCSA ISO image is not a bootable image, but needs to be mounted (or extracted) on a client. The deployment can then be started using the deployment wizard.

André

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator: Moved to vCenter Server

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos