VMware Support Community
fritschn
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Skyline Collector 2.3.0.1 in Inactive State [RESOLVED - Dec 24]

Hello,

After your Skyline Collector was auto-upgraded to version 2.3.0.1, the Skyline Collector is in an inactive state. This is caused by a syntax error in the auto-upgrade scripts.

Note, this issue only impacts Skyline Collectors running version 2.3.0.1.

How Do I Determine if my Skyline Collector 2.3.0.1 is Inactive?

Log in to Skyline Advisor (https://skyline.vmware.com/advisor). On the Dashboard, click Show Collector Details. There, you can view the health of all Skyline Collectors registered with your Organization.

Screen Shot 2019-12-23 at 2.05.16 AM.png

What do I do if my Skyline Collector 2.3.0.1 is Inactive?

RESOLUTION

Skyline Collector version 2.3.0.2 resolves this issue. If you have enabled Auto-Upgrade, your Skyline Collector will automatically upgrade to version 2.3.0.2. If you do not have Auto-Upgrade enabled, you can update to version 2.3.0.1 using the Skyline Collector VAMI (port 5480). Log in to the Skyline Collector VAMI (https://SkylineCollector_fqdn_or_ipaddress:5480), choose Update, then click Check Updates, and Install Updates

WORKAROUND

If you are unable to implement the resolution for any reason, please follow these steps to workaround this issue. To workaround this issue, restart your Skyline Collector. To restart your Skyline Collector, log in to the vSphere Client. Locate the Skyline Collector virtual appliance, then choose Actions > Power > Restart Guest OS for the Skyline Collector virtual appliance.

Screen Shot 2019-12-23 at 2.16.28 AM.png

What is my Skyline Collector (any version) is Healthy?

No action needed at this time. Stay tuned to this discussion for details regarding a resolution.

If you have any issues with the upgrade, or have questions, please start a discussion in the Skyline Community. A VMware Technical Support Engineer moderating that Community will assist you with resolving the issue. If you are a Premier Support customer, please contact your Support Account Manager.

Please see VMware KB Article 76651 for additional details.

Nick Fritsch,
VMware Technical Marketing Manager
0 Kudos
0 Replies