VMware Cloud Community
Mightymoose1210
Contributor
Contributor

SDDC - Manager Dashbooard issue.

Good Morning,

At the moment i am trying to resolve an issue with the SDDC manager dashboard (SDDC 3.7.2).

Far as i can tell everything is up, i can ping the host and it is online.

However i either get Nginx 403 error, OR error timeout.

This all started when we had some licensing issues for our cloud foundation install.

Any help would be appreciated.

- A

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator: Moved to VMware Cloud Foundation

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
heathbarj3
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I would recommend opening a Support ticket on this.

Based on what you mention it could be multiple issues.

I'll make a few suggestions.

Did the Install from Cloud builder complete successfully? Sounds like it may not have based on your licensing issue.

A license key is not needed for the SDDC manager for install. This issue mentioned in the release notes.

Try running the SoS tool, as mentioned in the documentation, to verify the health of SDDC manager.

Supportability and Serviceability (SoS) Utility

Also, more information. can be found out about the error in the logs for the SDDC manager.

Login to the SDDC manager as User VCF, and locate the Logs under /var/log/vmware/vcf/   this is where the various logs are located. I would look closely at logs for the domain manager.

Collect Logs for Your Cloud Foundation System

Hope this helps

Heath Johnson

VCF Technical Marketing

0 Kudos
Mightymoose1210
Contributor
Contributor

Cloud builder installed 100% correctly and has been an ongoing environment for the last 6 months.

- Aware of the licensing issue and it was not in the .json file.

I will have a look at logs.

0 Kudos