VMware Support Community
zecca1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Skyline Collector Registration Token Invalid

I started the Skyline set up. I deployed the ovf template in my environment but before I could get to the next step to generate the "Collector Registration Token" the browser window was closed.

Now when I go back and click get started on the Skyline page it says:

This invitation link has been redeemed and is no longer valid.

Please contact the organization owner for a new invitation.

I am the organization owner, so I go to API Tokens and I generate a new Token. No matter what I set every time I paste that token into the Collector Registration Page on my VM it just says "Invalid Token".

How do I get a valid Collector Registration Token? I can't find any documentation other than where it just says, Generate the token, it doesn't say how.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
zecca1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I tried that over and over, it did not work until I went to it in an incognito window and signed in again.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Aditya2018
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello zecca1

Welcome to Skyline community!

You will need to generate the Token from Skyline Collector portal on VMware Cloud Services Platform.

Use the following link and click on ‘GET STARTED’:

https://cloud.vmware.com/skyline

• You can logon with your MyVMware credentials
  • Once you logon to CSP it will give you an option to select the Organization or create a new one.
  • If you do not have a Collector in the Organization it would take you to Collector page.
  • You will be able to generate the Token on ‘Step 4’ on Collector page.
  • You will be able to access Advisor only after the Collector is registered.

If you continue to get error with newly generated token, we will need to investigate further, please provide you contact information on the following link, we will get in touch:

Smartsheet Forms

Sincerely, Aditya Gottumukkala Skyline Skyline Moderator VMware Inc
0 Kudos
zecca1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I tried that over and over, it did not work until I went to it in an incognito window and signed in again.