VMware Cloud Community
BSAVmwareESXIOp
Contributor
Contributor

HP ProLiant DL380 Gen9 lost HP Enclosure c3000 -> Production Server not Running

Hello there,

hopefully i can get some Help of you guys. It is 10 a clock in the night and it needs to run at a clock in the morning.

We did a Upgrade of VMWare 6.7 Buildnumber: 14320388 to VMWare 6.7 Buildnumber: 15018017.

We lost now the connection to the Enclosure c3000 and we cant reconnect it. We restartet everything several times, we read all the manuals and cant find the solution.

The VMFS url was:

• Typ:VMFS 5
  • URL:ds:///vmfs/volumes/5cb0ddc3-c3cc9a0d-f3a8-3ca82a1c14bc/

i cant find it anymore in the datastore.

Our last backup is from the Day before..so if we cant manage this our ERP-System of a full day will be lost...that is a not acceptable case, so not good for me.

Maybe someone has a solution to reattache the Enclosure without loosing the data?

I already opend a vmwarecase.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
pragg12
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,

Welcome to VMTN. 🙂

Upgrading ESXi and losing connection to enclosure c3000 are two completely separate things. If you are upgrading one ESXi at a time, other ESXi should be able to connect with shared datastore which would be coming from central storage. Can you share more on what you were aiming to do and what has actually been done and in what order ?

Consider marking this response as "Correct" or "Helpful" if you think my response helped you in any way.
0 Kudos
BSAVmwareESXIOp
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

thank you for your message.

We were working a lot on this and we lost our data. We restored the Backup from the day before. We lost one day..we will survive.

At this point only one Server was Connected to the Enclosure. We talked to VMWare and HPE and both telling us that shoudnt happen and they dont know why that happend.

We just did a little Update on that ESXI because of a Softwarebug form VMWare. Sadly that caused the failure. We were working just to get our data somehow out of the enclosure. Sadly it was not successfull. We reenabled the logical Raid and it was empty. No data in there. HPE told me that the SAS-Card had a failure and thats why that happend. But i dont belive that. I have a Raidcontroller which first priority is to keep the Raid together. Ok the SAS-Card went down, but that is just input / output. In my opinion two complete different things.

0 Kudos