VMware Cloud Community
b_aguirre
Contributor
Contributor

Records with problems with lost datastore connection

Hi guys,

I have the following problem with the vmware esxi 6.0 version, in the event viewer I have the messages

Volume access lost 5bd84f9e-323a5e60-00b0-000af7e87034 (datastore1) due to connectivity issues.
Recovery attempt in progress. The result is will inform shortly.
information
12/09/2019 04:04:18 p.m.
datastore1

Volume access was restored successfully 5bd84f9e-323a5e60-00b0-000af7e87034 (datastore1) after the problems of connectivity

information
12/09/2019 04:04:29 p.m.
vmex

This message also appears for the datastore2 that the server has.

The server has the following features
Dell PowerEdge T440
VMWare Esxi 6.0.0 5050593
Datastore1 is a RAID5
Datastore2 is a RAID1

Some of you have had the same problem and why is it that the esxi shows those messages.

I appreciate the help and information you can give me to understand why messages in esxi events

Bryan A.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
KabirAli82
Expert
Expert

Is the storage local to the host or network connected?

The error points towards a issue with accessing the storage. For local storage this could be due to some driver/firmware issue. And in case of network storage I would ping the storage node and see if there is a issue with the network link.

Was I helpful? Give a kudo for appreciation!
Braindumping @ http://kablog.nl/
Tweeting @ https://twitter.com/_Kabir_Ali_
0 Kudos
pragg12
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,

Check with storage team if there was any issue at their end and also check the datastore path policy configured on all ESXi in cluster and what is the recommended path policy per storage vendor. If the configured policy on ESXi is different than the policy recommended by storage vendor, change to latter as per their recommendation.

Consider marking this response as "Correct" or "Helpful" if you think my response helped you in any way.
0 Kudos
KocPawel
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,

Some time ago we had similar issue with EMC array.

It was connected with ATS heartbeat.

VMware Knowledge Base

I our case solution was disable ATS heartbeat.

Take a look on these KB, test and give feedback:

VMware Knowledge Base

and:

VMware Knowledge Base

0 Kudos