VMware Cloud Community
SwanAdmin
Contributor
Contributor

Cannot add VM to certain Network

Hello

After copying and registering a VM to a new Host i can't change the network of the adapter. I even tried to add a new adapter but the network is not shown.

The old Host was 4.1, the new is 6.7. I also upgraded the VM Version. I simply copied alle files of the VM to a NAS and from there to the new Host.

Hast anybody a clue what could be the mistake?

kind regards

Dominik Bacher

0 Kudos
7 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Welcome to the Community,

are you trying to add a new adapter? What happens if you just open the drop-down menu on the existing network adapter?

André

0 Kudos
SwanAdmin
Contributor
Contributor

Same Problem. I can only choose the network of the old host.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Make sure the host on which your VM is registered actually has the new port group. Maybe you don't have them across all hosts.

0 Kudos
SwanAdmin
Contributor
Contributor

That is why i want to choose the new network. But even if i create a network with the same name as the old network it does not work.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

You're going to have to provide more information here to go on. You appear to be doing this from the vCenter HTML5 interface. Put this VM on one host and show that host's vswitch setup including portgroups. Tell us the versions involved here, please, as well.

0 Kudos
jburen
Expert
Expert

If you created a Distributed Switch make sure you connect your hosts to that switch. If you forgot, and the host has no Standard Switch either then there are no networks to choose from...

Consider giving Kudos if you think my response helped you in any way.
0 Kudos
pragg12
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,

If everything fails, you can try creating a new blank VM and attach the disks from old VM and then you should not face this issue.

Consider marking this response as "Correct" or "Helpful" if you think my response helped you in any way.
0 Kudos