Rayes
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vSphere Replication Error: The session is not authenticated

Hello Everyone,

Good Day!

Could you please assist me with the following:

I have two vSphere 6.0 update 3 hosts with a vCenter 6.7 and i deployed a vSphere replication 8.2 in order to do a replication within same vCenter from datastore to another datastore.

I start doing the replication with my VM which it has six VMDKs as follow:

VMDK 1: 60Gb

VMDK 2: 2050Gb

VMDK 3: 145Gb

VMDK 4: 315Gb

VMDK 5: 42Gb

VMDK 6: 63Gb

The status of the replication stay in Configuring status & in tasks it shows that it create virtual disks, after complete creating the disks it end with an error saying The session is not authenticated.

I tried to tested it on lite VM with single VMDK of 32Gb & it's work fine.

Please help & thanks in advance.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Rayes
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello everyone,

FYI, I think the issue appear because when vsphere replication still configuring & creating the disk & i may try to logout or login in another computer the vSphere automatically cancel the job and start deleting the disks. So when i  create a replication VM again & wait to the tasks to complete then the status changed from configuring to sync in site recovery interface & it complete fine.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
pragg12
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi,

Are you using VM based replication or storage array based replication ? I don't know if SRM works in same site but I would suggest to raise case with VMware support if this is critical.

Consider marking this response as "Correct" or "Helpful" if you think my response helped you in any way.
0 Kudos
Rayes
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello everyone,

FYI, I think the issue appear because when vsphere replication still configuring & creating the disk & i may try to logout or login in another computer the vSphere automatically cancel the job and start deleting the disks. So when i  create a replication VM again & wait to the tasks to complete then the status changed from configuring to sync in site recovery interface & it complete fine.

0 Kudos