VMware Horizon Community
Super6VCA
Expert
Expert

Trouble Removing cp-template

I went thru the IC maintenance Utiities on a few different occasions to remove old stale instant clones, their templates and replicas. They all went pretty well.  However did the same with the latest one and come up with a strange issue.  the template was UNPROTECTED and then ran teh command to DELETE.  It sort of worked because the folder with the files was deleted and the template that shows up in vcenter (under Virtual machines) was deleted also.  The strange part is that now, under Templates (in the web client, the cp-temlate shows up but only with a partial name to it...

NAME - cp-tempate-33085dd7-9xxx-xxx-xxxxxxxxxx   Name that shows under web client Templates is - /vmfs/columes/Volume Name/cp-template-cp-tempate-33085dd7-9 (orphaned).

I am unable to delete the datastore since there is a VM that is associated with the DS.  All I want to do is remove teh volume so I can create a new one.  Can anyone assist me with getting thru this?  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks

Perry

Thank you, Perry
0 Kudos
4 Replies
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

If you remount the datastore does it come back, something somewhere is using it. If its stays orphaned, you probably can click remove from inventory and it will go away but your pool may be damaged. I've done it a few times, and the only way around that if support doesn't have an option, is to delete the pool and create it. That may require going to the adsi ldap editor and manually removing it from there.

0 Kudos
Super6VCA
Expert
Expert

No option to remove from inventory at all  The odd thing is that it shows up in the inventory as a VM path and not the VM name.   Also when i browse the datastore there are NO files at all.  see pic,

VM-temp.JPG

VMtemp2.JPG

Thank you, Perry
0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

Super6VCA
Expert
Expert

sjesse,

You're a rock star!  Thanks for the info.  Apparently i had my blinders on since i never would have check  that deep.  All fixed no.  Much appreciated!!!! 

Thank you, Perry
0 Kudos