VMware Edu & Cert Community
routing1000
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

why to do VCAP or Design Certs in Data Center Virtualization

Hello Friends,

I am studying vsphere 6.7 now. i know NSX-NV is based on Vsphere but i am wondering why people do very advance level certs like VCAP or design in DCV track?

if only VCP ICM 6.7 is enough for NSX then why people are doing VCAP or design course in DCV ?

what they do in work profile only with VCAP DCV or Design in DCV ?

Please make me understand.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

i am wondering why people do very advance level certs like VCAP or design in DCV track?

The same general reasons why people pursue any advanced-level certifications: promotion, new job opportunities, requirements for partners, or just want to increase their level of knowledge and go deeper on a given subject. Also, the VCAP exams are stepping stones to VCDX and are requirements.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

i am wondering why people do very advance level certs like VCAP or design in DCV track?

The same general reasons why people pursue any advanced-level certifications: promotion, new job opportunities, requirements for partners, or just want to increase their level of knowledge and go deeper on a given subject. Also, the VCAP exams are stepping stones to VCDX and are requirements.

scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Moderator: Moved to VCAP

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog