VMware Cloud Community
jibujames
Contributor
Contributor

How can i get the Vcenter 6.7 OVF or OVA file from Vmware

I searched lots of places vcenter OVF or OVA file. But unfortunately i can't find any where this file. Kindly Advise.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
cloudscout
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello James,

please have a look here: https://www.virtuallyghetto.com/nested-virtualization/nested-esxi-virtual-appliance

For vCenter you don´t need an OVA, just use the installer in the ISO-image.

Best Regards

Chris

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

It is in the ISO in the vSphere downloads: Download VMware vSphere

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator: Moved to vCenter Server

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
larstr
Champion
Champion

jibujames,

When you install or upgrade vcenter you don't download an ova file first. You will need to download an iso file and start the wizard inside the iso. This wizard will automatically deploy the ova inside the iso after you've answered a few questions.

Lars

0 Kudos
NathanosBlightc
Commander
Commander

Download its appliance from the VMware site: https://my.vmware.com/group/vmware/details?downloadGroup=VC670&productId=742&rPId=22641

Then mount the ISO file, choose the installer based on your client OS type (MAC, Linux or Windows) and execute it

Deploy the appliance on the ESXi host step by step in the wizard, First Deployment phase and then configure it.

Please mark my comment as the Correct Answer if this solution resolved your problem
0 Kudos