VMware Support Community
bwadbethke
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

unregister skyline collector

I wanted to update my skyline appliance from 2.1.0 to 2.3.0. I thought I had previously configured auto-update but it doesn't seem to be working because I notice my skyline vm several versions behind latest. Turns out I'm unable to login to my skyline 2.1.0 install as root to initiate the upgrade. I suspect the root password expired.

I was able to reset the admin password via the webpage.

I tried to reset the root passwd via editing photon boot settings. It looked like it reset properly, but I still can't get in to :5480 page even after changing root passwd more than once.

I went in to the regular https page (not :5480) as admin and stopped my VROPS collector and my vCenter collector. I then powered off the 2.1.0 vm and deleted from disk. I deployed the 2.3.0 vm from OVA.

After getting the new skyline setup and registered, I noticed my old/previous skyline vm still listed as Partially Healthy on the https://skyline.vmware.com/advisor/collectors page. (don't see how it is partially healthy as the VM has been deleted from disk) The deregister link is gray and it says I can only deregister a collector in the Inactive state.

How/when does a collector get marked as inactive? Will it happen automatically? (it's been an hour since I deleted the old collector)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Aditya2018
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello @bwadbethke

Welcome to Skyline Community !

Skylien inventory is refreshed every 12-18 hours, it also applys for the Collector Status, You will be able to deregister the Collecter once the collector is labeled inactive.

You should be able to decommisioned collector in the next 24 hours on the same interface, the grayed out button should come active by than.

Sincerely, Aditya Gottumukkala Skyline Skyline Moderator VMware Inc

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Aditya2018
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello @bwadbethke

Welcome to Skyline Community !

Skylien inventory is refreshed every 12-18 hours, it also applys for the Collector Status, You will be able to deregister the Collecter once the collector is labeled inactive.

You should be able to decommisioned collector in the next 24 hours on the same interface, the grayed out button should come active by than.

Sincerely, Aditya Gottumukkala Skyline Skyline Moderator VMware Inc