VMware Horizon Community
epa80
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Horizon Session/RDP/Citrix Disconnect Issue

The subject is pretty ridiculous. So is the issue, but bear with me.

We have users who connect to a VDI session via the Horizon client (7.8 back, any client), who then RDP to a physical PC on site, who THEN launch Citrix published apps from within that desktop. However, on initial launch, they get disconnected from the physical PC, and then have to RDP in again. Once they RDP in again it's fine. Until their next fresh launch of a Citrix published app within the physical instance.

We found a KB from Citrix, but, we've applied it in the following ways and it didn't work: on the VM, as well as the physical machine we're RDPing to. Our thoughts are it may need to be on the XenApp server itself, but, haven't done it yet.

Has anyone come across this goofy scenario as well? We did also try with Blast or PCoIP, but, it happened both times.

Applications Launched from Within Published Desktop Disconnects

0 Kudos
4 Replies
HussamRabaya
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

what is the RDP version is used to connect to the physical PC?

as i know nested RDP need RDD ver 8 or later

then whats network security between  this chain of connections ? any IPS or IDS ?

this is very important to check

0 Kudos
epa80
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

This is our client on the Windows 7 image. The network between the client PC and the VDI, whether Windows 7 or Windows 10, is identical, so, not thinking it's there. The client seems possible. I can't find anything about updating the RDC client though, so, I'm assuming this is the latest for Windows 7.

Annotation 2019-11-29 093931.jpg

0 Kudos
epa80
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

This is our Windows 10 version.

Annotation 2019-11-29 094342.jpg

0 Kudos
HussamRabaya
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

then whats network security between  this chain of connections ? any IPS or IDS ?

0 Kudos