VMware Edu & Cert Community
routing1000
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VCAP Certifications

Hello Friends,

I am CCIE Service Provider Certified so do i need to Pass Below Exams to attempt VCAP DCV or NSX certifications ? Please let me know asap.

VCP DCV or

VCP- NX-V or

VCP NSX-T ?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

Look at

VMware Certified Professional - Network Virtualization 2019 (VCP-NV 2019)

and select

pastedImage_1.png

once you prove you have a ccie you can take the nsx-t exam, then after that you can take any of the vcp exams as well. You can't take the vcp-dcv without training even though you have the ccie, but once you have on vcp you can take the others without the preq training.

0 Kudos
Alex_Romeo
Leadership
Leadership

Hi,

It is as you say.

ARomeo

Blog: https://www.aleadmin.it/
0 Kudos
aleex42
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

For VCAP-DCV, you do *not* need any Cisco certifications ...

-- Alex (VMware VCAP-DCV, NetApp NCIE, LPIC 2)
0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

You need to take the vmware required training though, only way around that is passing the vcp related to nsx if you have a valid cisco cert, then passing the vcp.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator: Moved to VCAP

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

With an active CCIE, you can go straight to either of the VCAPs for NV without having to be a VCP first.

Choose the Cisco path on either of these pages:

VMware Certified Advanced Professional — Network Virtualization Deployment 2019

VMware Certified Advanced Professional — Network Virtualization Design 2019

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
routing1000
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello Scot,

Is this valid only for VCAP NSX-NV track (deploy or Design) only ?  not for VCAP NSX-T (Transformers)  Track ?

Thank you!!

0 Kudos
routing1000
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Ok got it Scot.

VCAP Design is for NSX-T

I wondering why no deploy option for NSX-T ?

Thank you!!!

0 Kudos