12sushma
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How to include IP address column in the VRA managed list machines

Hi,

As we know that the VRA managed machines has the following fields:

pastedImage_1.png

How can we also include the IP address field here. Is there any way?

Regards,

Sushma.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kallischlauch
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

hey, you could use the VRA MSSQL

SELECT

[VirtualMachineID],

[VirtualMachineName],

(select TOP (1) dbo.StaticIPv4Address.IPv4Address from dbo.StaticIPv4Address where dbo.VirtualMachine.VirtualMachineID = dbo.StaticIPv4Address.VirtualMachineID) as "IP Address"

FROM [vra].[dbo].[VirtualMachine] where IsManaged ='1'

this will show you all managed VMs (you dont see others in managed machines tab), and pulls any IP address it finds for the VM from VRA IPAM.

I you use external IPAM no idea.

if you remove the TOP(1) from the line I hoped it would show _all_ Ips it finds for the VM, but it errors and I'm crap at SQL (ask your sql guy! :smileygrin: )

View solution in original post

3 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

No, not unless you want to hack vRA.

0 Kudos
kallischlauch
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

hey, you could use the VRA MSSQL

SELECT

[VirtualMachineID],

[VirtualMachineName],

(select TOP (1) dbo.StaticIPv4Address.IPv4Address from dbo.StaticIPv4Address where dbo.VirtualMachine.VirtualMachineID = dbo.StaticIPv4Address.VirtualMachineID) as "IP Address"

FROM [vra].[dbo].[VirtualMachine] where IsManaged ='1'

this will show you all managed VMs (you dont see others in managed machines tab), and pulls any IP address it finds for the VM from VRA IPAM.

I you use external IPAM no idea.

if you remove the TOP(1) from the line I hoped it would show _all_ Ips it finds for the VM, but it errors and I'm crap at SQL (ask your sql guy! :smileygrin: )

daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

It's worth pointing out that this is a SQL query and does ​not​ result in an additional column being added to the GUI as was originally asked by OP.