VMware Cloud Community
notb
Contributor
Contributor

Appliance Management Interface - Change Password Policy Requirements?

Hello all,

vCenter // vSphere 6.7.0.41000

Can you change the password requirements displayed for the vCenter Server Appliance Management interface?

I understand you can specify SSO Password Policy settings in the vSphere client; However the Appliance Management Interface (:5480) appears to have its own password policy settings unaffected by the vSphere Client vCenter SSO settings. You can view these settings by logging in to the Appliance Management portal as root where you'll see an Administration tab on the left.

For example, from shell I can create a new localos account with a 6 character password and log in to Appliance Management with that account, even though my SSO Password Policy settings specify 8 characters.

Thank you for any help offered.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

You would have to modify one or more components of the underlying Photon OS which isn't supported and really shouldn't be done. The VAMI should only be used by administrators for upgrade/troubleshooting procedures and so thus doesn't really need to be subjected to a password policy. Normal users should not be in the VAMI.

0 Kudos