VMware Communities
Christian23749
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMWare Workstation v14 started to Freeze whenever I plug in a USB device

Hello VMWare users - This just started happening with my VM Workstation images. I have several images running from Windows Server 2003 to Windows Server 2012

My issue is with USB devices plugged into any of the images. The image Freezes and remains unresponsive. The only way to come out of this is to do a Ctrl + Alt + Del on the host and kill VM and the re-start the host and VM image. However, if I plug in a USB, the issue repeats.

I suspect this has to be related to a Windows update on my host running Windows 10 Pro., because this use to run fine until recently

Is there a work around this problem?????

Any help is really appreciated

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Christian23749
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

IT seems as if nobody has had this issue. I tried uninstalling/re-installing VMWare v14, but unfortunately this did not solve the issue.

Here is what worked for me:

I purchased v15.5 of VMWare Workstation and my issue with USB devices went away. I can now use my USB devices again.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Christian23749
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

IT seems as if nobody has had this issue. I tried uninstalling/re-installing VMWare v14, but unfortunately this did not solve the issue.

Here is what worked for me:

I purchased v15.5 of VMWare Workstation and my issue with USB devices went away. I can now use my USB devices again.

0 Kudos