VMware Horizon Community
munch7707
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Insufficient Privilege for Editing Automated Pools

Hello,

We have multiple pools for our organization, some of them are automated and some of them are manual.  The manual pools we can edit just fine but when we go to edit details for the automated pools it gives an error, "Insufficient privilege to the vCenter Server (server name)".  Our logins are set up as administrators and we have had no problem in the past.  It's only been the last couple weeks where we haven't been able to edit the automated pools.

Thanks for any help

Jay

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Its not your account, its the account that is for horizon to make the vcenter changes. Look at

Configure a vCenter Server User for Horizon 7 and View Composer

and make sure that account is correct, anytime I have issues I reneter the username and password back in horizon to make sure its up to date.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Its not your account, its the account that is for horizon to make the vcenter changes. Look at

Configure a vCenter Server User for Horizon 7 and View Composer

and make sure that account is correct, anytime I have issues I reneter the username and password back in horizon to make sure its up to date.

munch7707
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for your help.  I went under View Configuration in View Admin and selected Servers.  Then clicked our vcenter server and clicked Edit.  Then click edit under the vCenter Server Settings and just re-entered the password (which hasn't changed) and it re-connected.  We are now able to edit automated pools.  Thanks again.