VMware Cloud Community
sidy
Contributor
Contributor

VCSA 6.5 to 6.7 upgrade question

G'Day all,

I'm in the process of doing the upgrade now from VCSA 6.5 to 6.7, after the Stage 2 pre-upgrade checks have run it shows an issue with "External Extensions" such as Dell OpenManage Integration (the server is a Dell R740 with the Dell ESXi6.5U3 A01 release installed fresh) and vRealize Orchestration Manager which appears to hav ebeen installed but never used and is currently off.

My question is, can I ignore this issue and let the upgrade run or do I have to remove some components to guarantee success?

Thanks

Sid

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
RajeevVCP4
Expert
Expert

Ignore is right option because in future if there is need VRops plugin then again need to install.

Rajeev Chauhan
VCIX-DCV6.5/VSAN/VXRAIL
Please mark help full or correct if my answer is use full for you
0 Kudos
mat2k7
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

if you're updating to 6.7 u2 or u3 you should update the Dell OpenManage VIB or you may face Network connectivity /vmotion issues

OMSA: Hosts with ESXi 6.7 Update 3 become unresponsive to vCenter with task time-outs if OMSA 9.3.0 ...

Mat

0 Kudos
IRIX201110141
Champion
Champion

Yes, the installer will always display such kind of warnings. You have need to upgrade the plugins after VCSA is back in action. VCSA will disable all non working plugins.

mat2k7

this problems is not a VCSA problem at first. The VCSA needs a newer versions (5.1) of OMIVV.  As a note .... its now only available in the HTML5 vSphere Client and not in the WebClient any more. The Problem with OMSA only begin if the OP also starts updating the ESXi. Most likely he will so its a very important information.

Regards,
Joerg

0 Kudos
mat2k7
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

indeed should have mentioned that it only applies if he is going to update ESXi after.

thanks

mat

0 Kudos