VMware Cloud Community
storageguy33
Contributor
Contributor

NSX-T Workload Domain Creation Failed

Hello,

Has anyone out there happened to run into a similar error creating an NSX-T workload domain:

Cause:

Type: com.vmware.evo.sddc.orchestrator.exceptions.OrchTaskException

Unable to create transport node collection with profile e61e29a3-9d0b-4ffe-8262-1a71c57e3c9e on compute collection <ESX_Cluster> through nsxmanager <workload_domain_nsx_manager>

It seems from a review of the logs and ESX hosts included in the creation that one of the 4 nodes is missing all of the logical switches and overlay network that was automatically created on the others. There is no retry available with this failed tasks and I haven't gotten an exact hit on any searches so was curious if someone has hit this and knows how to retry or do it manually. I'd liketo avoid having to redo all of the hosts, etc and start over again.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

This doesn't really sound like an Enterprise PKS question (and so may be better to move to a more appropriate sub-forum). But first thing I'd check is this problematic host and the NSX VIB status and netcpad status. Usually when these types of failures happen, it's due to netcpad issues in that it can't comm back to NSX-T Manager.

0 Kudos
storageguy33
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. I'll move it.

0 Kudos
storageguy33
Contributor
Contributor

After further investigation, this was related to a space issue on the node. The space was not reclaimed, but a retry of the install within NSX-Manager of the workload domain ended up as a success.

Once that was done and successful, a restart of the task in SDDC Manager was successful.

0 Kudos