VMware Communities
sullyinatx
Contributor
Contributor

VMware Fusion 11.5 Pro "Load Screen"

Hey all! A little preface - I'm coming from the free Workstation Player 15 on Windows. Bought the new 16" MBP fully maxed out and decided I'd make that my main laptop now (64GB RAM vs 16GB RAM, no brainer). I was a VirtualBox user for many, many years before even trying a VMware product. I then decided to try Workstation and didn't like it, uninstalled, then came back to it a few months later and forced myself to use it daily and get used to it. It became my main hypervisor.

In Workstation Player, when you open it (like in VirtualBox), it has all of your virtual machines on the left in a list and all of the options on the right. A nice, effective layout. I was surprised to see that when I installed my first VM in Fusion Pro, Fusion opens to the VM you last had running... I do NOT like that. I want a list of all my VMs and don't want it to open to a previously running VM.

Is this possible? I've looked through the settings and didn't see anything resembling what I want. I hope I didn't waste $159 for nothing. That's my bad if so; I could have done the free trial first.

Anyway, advice/input on how to make this how I want (if possible) is GREATLY appreciated. Thank you for reading and have a great morning/afternoon/night.

- Sully

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

My fusion opens to the VM Library window, not a specific VM.

Do you have a VM set to auto-launch when Fusion runs?

0 Kudos