VMware Horizon Community
BYB7
Contributor
Contributor

Writable Volume Backups

App Volumes 2.18

Regular backups do not work, works only on command.

6 Replies
BYB7
Contributor
Contributor

av.PNG

how to reset these two tasks?

0 Kudos
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

A bit more info would be nice, otherwise you might get some advice that does not work Smiley Happy.

Regarding those tasks, you could delete them from within the database but your best bet is to just wait a few hours and they will automatically be removed if they fail.

And is Appvolumes capable of viewing all the datastores added to it where writables reside?

Regarding Back-up of writables. It is not feature rich at this point. You can only select one location as the backup location at this point. Also, there is no way of telling when the writables are being backed up. Also, a writable cannot be backed up if it is in use.

0 Kudos
BYB7
Contributor
Contributor

Regarding those tasks, you could delete them from within the database but your best bet is to just wait a few hours and they will automatically be removed if they fail.

I've been waiting for half a year. How delete them from within the database?

Also, there is no way of telling when the writables are being backed up. Also, a writable cannot be backed up if it is in use.

Now the backup of writable volumes is performed only on the command of the administrator. After you can wait a month and no automatic backup will be.

0 Kudos
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

If you have been waiting for a month my guess is that Appvolumes is unable to connect to the datastore, or at least one that is being confifured as an active on.

I though that the table was called tasks, you should see those 2 inthere and remove them.

And normally the backup of the writable should be done every so often as you set it to. Do keep in mind that it cannot be backupped when in use. And if it does not back-up the wriatbles, normally there should be a message within the log that states why the backup is not being performed. What version are you using? Also make sure that the slider is to the right when configuring backups and make sure the backup location is available to the Appvolumes manager and it has permissions to write files on, otherwise it won;t

0 Kudos
BYB7
Contributor
Contributor

Access to the datastore is OK.

Table * tasks* not found, there is a table pending_activities, but it is empty.

av2.PNG

In the Activity Log there are no errors on backup, only logs backups from manual mode.

0 Kudos
BYB7
Contributor
Contributor

I had to reinitialize the database to fix the problem.

C:\Program Files (x86)\CloudVolumes\Manager\svmanager_restet.bat