VMware Cloud Community
Slicster_SG
Contributor
Contributor

POWERCLI modules included in an application

Hello,

I'm trying to find a way to incorporate POWERCLI modules in an application I'm building so that when it's pulled from GITHUB, it will have all the right requirements to run.

• I've downloaded the entire VMware.PowerCLI module locally
  • I've tried adding all the calls for the psm1 modules in the correct order
    • Import-Module "$ScriptPath\RequiredModules\VMware.VimAutomation.Sdk\VMware.VimAutomation.Sdk.psm1"

• Import-Module "$ScriptPath\RequiredModules\VMware.VimAutomation.Common\VMware.VimAutomation.Common.psm1"

• Import-Module "$ScriptPath\RequiredModules\VMware.Vim\VMware.Vim.psm1"

• Import-Module "$ScriptPath\RequiredModules\VMware.VimAutomation.Cis.Core\VMware.VimAutomation.Cis.Core.psm1"

• Import-Module "$ScriptPath\RequiredModules\VMware.VimAutomation.Core\VMware.VimAutomation.Core.psm1"

• If I run the above directly from the PowerShell console it works but if I have those same lines included in a script ps1 file, it fails with:

Import-Module : Could not load file or assembly

'file:///D:\RequiredModules\VMware.VimAutomation.Sdk\net45\log4net.dll' or one of its dependencies.

Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)

At D:\RequiredModules\VMware.VimAutomation.Sdk\VMware.VimAutomation.Sdk.psm1:23 char:17

Not sure what the difference is but surely there is a better way to inlcude and load the PowerCLI modules into a script to be able to run anywhere.

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
LucD
Leadership
Leadership

0 Kudos