When booting apple efi based diagnostics from an efi shell, it hangs on a black screen.
- hdd 1 = macos 10.13 high sierra
- hdd 2 = formated ms-dos fat from disk utility on hdd 1
- copy over apple efi based diagnostics to hdd 2
- copy over efi boot loader boot64.efi to Root/EFI/ of hdd 2
- set hdd 2 as startup disk
- boot hdd 2 which starts efi shell
- navigate to .diagnostics folder in efi shell and run start diagnostics utility
- hangs on black screen
I have set my *.vmx file to reflect host (board-id, serial, etc.) and have also tried entering components manually. But am still unable to set boot rom or smc version.
It hangs just before loading the gui. I can tell from the diagnostic log files that it hangs just before loading the gui image.
Has anyone else tried to emulate this same procedure?