Lab environment: vxRail 4.7.3 (3-node cluster), vSphere 6.7, vSAN 6.7, HA enabled.
I took a look on HA behaviour in lab env and got a bit confused.
- only one VM with "highest" restart priority is located on the "slave" host.
- host gets failed (powered off by me, for example)
Due to official docs and "vSphere 6.x HA Deepdive" book (https://www.vmgu.ru/ext/books/vsphere-ha-deepdive.pdf )
i expected to see following:
1. After 15s - host is declared dead,
2. Test VM is restarted on one of the live hosts.
IRL i got 80s delay between 1 and 2:
2019-11-05T15:34:48.754Z info vpxd [Originator@6876 sub=MoHost opID=FdmWaitForUpdates-vim.ClusterComputeResource:domain-c8-71d6bbe9] VC state for host host-44 (initialized -> initialized), FDM state (FDMUnreachable -> Dead), src of state (null -> host-48)
2019-11-05T15:36:08.332Z info vpxd [Originator@6876 sub=InvtVm opID=HB-host-21@789-4d57227f] dasRestart set to true for VM (cfgPath: ds:///vmfs/volumes/vsan:52be8d3b8fa4262b-5ca52f2655c8af9b/b83ec15d-7268-7694-0b34-34800d427f20/ubuntu-test.vmx, moId: vm-81, vpxaVmid: 5)
- what exactly happens in those 80 seconds?
- can i change this delay?