VMware Communities
johnywhy
Contributor
Contributor

Linux Can't Connect on Starbucks WiFi

Hi

i noticed that a linux live ISO (arch) can connect to internet if my pc is connected to my cellphone WiFi hotspot.

But cannot connect to internet if my pc is connected to starbucks wifi.

This thread says to "change the setting from automatic to specifically targeting the physical network interface".

Cannot connect to the internet. Network error on Vmware

But i cannot see any way to do that in my Player 15. i can't find the "bridged to" picker.

Any fix?

thx

4 Replies
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

Unfortunately, the Virtual Network Editor is not installed as part of the Player package, only the full Workstation package.

What I've done in the past is install Workstation, copy the Virtual Network Editor components to another spot on my hard drive, then uninstall Workstation and install Player.  Move the components back into the Player folder, create a shortcut to the editor exe, and run it.

0 Kudos
johnywhy
Contributor
Contributor

thx, will that work with workstation demo?

0 Kudos
RDPetruska
Leadership
Leadership

Yes.

Also, the Player UI is installed alongside Workstation Pro.  So you can just install the Pro version, and after the 30 day trial expires, still just use the Player UI to run your VMs.

johnywhy
Contributor
Contributor

the Player UI is installed alongside Workstation Pro.  So you can just install the Pro version, and after the 30 day trial expires, still just use the Player UI to run your VMs.

in that case, is it still necessary to copy the Virtual Network Editor components to the Player folder, and create a shortcut to the editor exe?

thx

0 Kudos