VMware Cloud Community
Yann31XY
Contributor
Contributor

Vcenter Server 5.5

Hello, can i have a link to download vcenter server 5.5, trial version:smileyalert:?  I urgently need it:smileycry: for my end of cycle study. Please help me, because I can't download another version.

thank U

Tags (2)
10 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Why do you specifically need that version? It's no longer being supported and cannot be downloaded as a trial.

Yann31XY
Contributor
Contributor

I want deploy a VDI infrastructure by ESXI 5.5, so I need the vcenter to manage clusters and enable HA for virtual machines.

My computer does not support new versions, I don't have enough memory. But for the VDI infrastructure I can use Vmware Horizon View ??

Help me please !!!:smileyconfused:

0 Kudos
sushilkm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Beleive, i would have it lying off some where in old archives. Give me some time to find that. If i found, will requst for a upload link.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

As the older software version downloads are only available to customers with active support, you should NOT be sharing any version from your "archive" with anyone else.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
sushilkm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for the info. we dont have any active subsciption but these were downloaded when 5,5 was generally available and actively supported by vmware.

i still have ESXI 4.xx ISO with me in my archives. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

You really don't have any recourse here if you don't own the product. Deploying a now unsupported product, especially for a platform like VDI, makes no sense. So best thing you can do is upgrade your hardware to use more modern versions.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Just because you kept an old copy does not mean you should be sharing it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
sushilkm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I think we have a difference of opinion here. While i fully understand why you are keen on me not sharing anything & the bussiness behind it , we need to understand that i am not sharing any licences or anything, there are thousand of other sources available from where he can download the said version and most probably have already done that.

I am going to keep them in my archive for my own use

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

If VMware wanted the software to be available, they would make it available. But they don't do that, and this is their official forum - what happens elsewhere on the internet is irrelevant in this case.

I'm one of the forum moderators, and in these sorts of circumstance it would generally be the case that your comments would be deleted - most certainly if you posted a link to the software.

So while our opinion may differ, my comments are made taking the forum guidelines into consideration.

0 Kudos
sushilkm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks Scott. I am off this thread.

0 Kudos