VMware Communities
Keeper57
Contributor
Contributor

I just upgraded to windows 10 pro from win 7 pro and performance is awful and mouse movement is sluggish.

I just upgraded to windows 10 pro from win 7 pro and performance is awful and mouse movement is sluggish. I am using version 15.5 Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
wila
Immortal
Immortal

What did you upgrade, the guest or the host?

Slow performance and sluggish mouse movement could mean a few things.

First thing to look for is to make sure that VMware Tools is installed and working in the guest.

If it is already installed then, uninstall -> reboot -> reinstall.

Are things better now?

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
Keeper57
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Wila,

Thank you for the reply... I followed your directions and in answering your question I upgraded the guest... the host was already win 10 pro. Now i'm getting the windows opening spinning balls and then the screen goes black.... I have uninstalled and reinstalled a few more times with the same result. IT seems like a video issue. Any suggestions?

Thank you

0 Kudos
wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

Please attach the most recent vmware.log file (you can find it in the VM's folder) to your reply.

The attach button is in the bottom right of the reply window.

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos