VMware Cloud Community
zeebahi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hardware Storage adapter

Hi there,

Below is hardware FC adapter on our ESXI.

What does T3,T2 highlighted below mean?

I will take a guess,  it shows the path number  to a LUN hosted by specific target.

The path number is listed in the order it was discovered over a specific adapter.

Am I correct?

Thanks and have a nice evening!!

VMPATH.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NathanosBlightc
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

For example vmhba3:C0:T2:L0, it means this storage device is discovered by storage adapter vmhba3 on the ESXi host and represents LUN number 0 from target number 2 (Targets that are shared by different hosts might not have the same target number) that is accessible through the storage channel number 0 (is used to show multiple paths to the same target)

Please mark my comment as the Correct Answer if this solution resolved your problem

View solution in original post

2 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

C=Controller

T=Target

L=LUN

0 Kudos
NathanosBlightc
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

For example vmhba3:C0:T2:L0, it means this storage device is discovered by storage adapter vmhba3 on the ESXi host and represents LUN number 0 from target number 2 (Targets that are shared by different hosts might not have the same target number) that is accessible through the storage channel number 0 (is used to show multiple paths to the same target)

Please mark my comment as the Correct Answer if this solution resolved your problem