VMware Cloud Community
Narkos
Contributor
Contributor

Instance breakdown and Individual Guest Drives

Hello,

I'm trying to create a view that includes all the virtual machine and their individual disk drives.
I understand that to do this in a dynamic fashion, I need to use the "Add Instance Breakdown column" under the the Tab "Group by".

I've followed this tutorial to learn how to use the Instance Breakdown feature.

However, when I try to select the "Metric Group", the list is always empty no matter what Metric I use ( guest file system, CPU Usage etc ...).

For example,

My vROPS  (version 6.7.0.8183617):

myvrops.png

Tutorial :

tuto.PNG

Am I missing something ?

Regards,
Xavier

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
RobertMesropyan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Narkos

Please try under another browser. If  "Metric Group" combo is still empty - you need to select exact object with instanced metris by running "Select Object" button from "Data" section on the left side.

0 Kudos
Narkos
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your input, RobertMesropyan

I have tried with another browser and I have selected an exact object (in this case a specific VM) but "Metric Group" is still empty

Regards,
Xavier

0 Kudos
RobertMesropyan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

In general, Metric Group polulated based on 5 random objects. It looks, that in your case all selected objects don't  contain any instanced metric. I would ask you import attached and executed attached view  as workaround. As you can see, Metric Group key constructed as Group_"group key" (<Property name="instanceGroupName" value="GROUP_cpu"/> etc.)
0 Kudos
Narkos
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

This morning when I retried, It worked as expected without any modification.
I use the exact same view. I don't know why but now everything work as expected.

Many thanks anyway for your help.

Regards,
Xavier

0 Kudos
amedeoluciano
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I have a trick because this is a bug.

When you add the metrics, do not use the drag and drop but please use the double click on metric, the breakdown will working fine.

Best Regards

Amedeo

0 Kudos