VMware Horizon Community
Lieven
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

DEM 9.9 and easy start for office 365

There is no Easy Start available for Office 365 to be able to have preconfigured config items, shortcuts, condition sets ...

While installing Office 365 for a client in stead of Office 2016 I noticed that Office 365 installs by default in %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\root\Office16 whereas Office 2016 installs in %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\Office16.

Therfore the shortcuts and conditions are different for Office 365 compared to Office 2016

Possibly some of the import/export config files are also different.

Does someone already have a good set of import/export config files, shortcut definition files, condition sets dor Office 365 that he/she wants to share?

AV_EasyStart.jpg

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DEMdev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Lieven​,

While installing Office 365 for a client in stead of Office 2016 I noticed that Office 365 installs by default in %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\root\Office16 whereas Office 2016 installs in %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\Office16.

Therfore the shortcuts and conditions are different for Office 365 compared to Office 2016

That's right, and in DEM 9.9 we have updated the conditions in the Microsoft Office 2016 condition set accordingly:

pastedImage_8.png

Possibly some of the import/export config files are also different.

From our testing that does not seem to be the case. Are you aware of anything that's missing?

0 Kudos
Lieven
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi DEMdev

The condition "Used to determine whether Office 2016 is installed" in DEM 9.9 is incorrect. In a situation where you have both Office 2016 and Office 365 users the folder "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\root\Office16" does not exist for Office 2016 users, but does exist for Office 365 users. The folder "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\Office16" exists in both Office 2016 and Office 365

The condition set for 2016 should be: folder "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\Office16" exists and "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\root\Office16" does not exist

The condition set for 365 should be: folder   "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\Office16" exist and "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\root\Office16" exist

In DEM 9.9 there are no predifined shortcuts created anymore for Office. Office 2016 shortcuts are also pointing to different .exe and lnk files then Office 365 shortcuts

I have also not seen any differences in import/export config files, but I did not analyse them yet in full detail.

It would be nice that a next version of DEM contains Easy start for Office 365.

0 Kudos