Jump to solution

NSX-T 2.4 Error Code 99 on Login

{

"module_name" : "common-services",

"error_message" : "Internal server error has occurred.",

"details" : "Filter execution threw an exception",

"error_code" : "99"

}

Getting this error on NSX-T 2.4.0.0.0.12456291 after not having logged in for a while and a few improper reboots due to vSphere HA events. Posting up in case anybody else has seen this, or if I figure out a fix.

VCDX-Desktop
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
elgwhoppo
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

90 password expration started in 2.4.0 https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/70691

VMware Knowledge Base

Password expiration (90 day by default) was introduced in NSX-T 2.4.0, because of security requirements. By default, password expiration is configured for 90 days.

Since 2.4.0 Password Policy Enhancements: Enforces minimum password length of 12 characters for default passwords. Introduces ability to set password expiration times and generates alarms when password is about to expire. For more details, please refer VMware NSX-T Data Center 2.4 Release Notes

VCDX-Desktop

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
elgwhoppo
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

After another reboot of all the appliances, now seeing that the admin password is expired with the message "Your password has expired."

pastedImage_0.png

VCDX-Desktop
0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Maybe you have some logical corruption in your appliance. I'd open a SR.

0 Kudos
elgwhoppo
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Resetting the Passwords of an Appliance

https://my-sddc.net/2019/06/11/resetting-expired-admin-password-on-nsx-t/

and after reading these KBs I'm going to have to do this in a bit. Apparently resetting the admin password is a 30+ step process that I'll have to do, which I really don't have time for right now. Yay! : )

VCDX-Desktop
0 Kudos
elgwhoppo
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

90 password expration started in 2.4.0 https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/70691

VMware Knowledge Base

Password expiration (90 day by default) was introduced in NSX-T 2.4.0, because of security requirements. By default, password expiration is configured for 90 days.

Since 2.4.0 Password Policy Enhancements: Enforces minimum password length of 12 characters for default passwords. Introduces ability to set password expiration times and generates alarms when password is about to expire. For more details, please refer VMware NSX-T Data Center 2.4 Release Notes

VCDX-Desktop
0 Kudos
SivaMa
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi elgwhoppo,

Yes. Password expiration (90 day by default) was introduced in NSX-T 2.4.0 . But is there a way to check when my password going to expire. When I  type get user admin password-expire, it says 90days from last change Smiley Happy. I need date when it expires so that I can modify it.

Regards,

Siva

0 Kudos