VMware Communities
sharkus
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How to get iPhone to appear in Finder - Fusion 11.5.0 with Catalina VM

I've managed to create a macOS Catalina VM with Fusion 11.5.0.

The one thing I'm having a problem with is getting my iPhone to appear in Finder under Catalina in the VM. Is this something that isn't possible, or is there some kind of configuration I've neglected to change to make it appear?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dempson
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I recently ran into a similar issue. I wanted to connect an iPhone to one of my older macOS VMs to test iOS 13 behaviour, and it wasn't showing up as a connected device (VMware didn't even ask if I wanted to connect it to the VM or host: the iPhone just appeared on the host as if the VM wasn't running).

I was using VMware Fusion 11.5 hosted on macOS Mojave 10.14.6, guest was OS X El Capitan 10.11.6.

What fixed it for me was configuring the VM's USB interface to be USB 2.0 instead of USB 3.0.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
dempson
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I recently ran into a similar issue. I wanted to connect an iPhone to one of my older macOS VMs to test iOS 13 behaviour, and it wasn't showing up as a connected device (VMware didn't even ask if I wanted to connect it to the VM or host: the iPhone just appeared on the host as if the VM wasn't running).

I was using VMware Fusion 11.5 hosted on macOS Mojave 10.14.6, guest was OS X El Capitan 10.11.6.

What fixed it for me was configuring the VM's USB interface to be USB 2.0 instead of USB 3.0.

sharkus
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

BINGO! Thanks a million for that. I changed it from USB 3.0 to 2.0 and the phone now shows up in the Finder in the VM.

0 Kudos