VMware Communities
MikeGGilley
Contributor
Contributor

Trying to get FUSION 11 USB arbitrator to recognize a USB 2.0 device got plugged into my Mac (macOS Mojave 10.14.6)

I upgraded to Fusion 11 and the USB device arbitration functionality that used to work with Fusion 10 is broken.  USB 2.0 devices connect to my MacOS OK when using a Satechi hub with USB 2.0 ports for peripherals and plugs into a USB 3.0 port on my Mac.  However, the Fusion 11 arbitrator doesn't pick up on the connection of the USB 2.0 device  and ask me how I want to connect.  I have

May macOS security & privacy settings have been set to enable the VMware Fusion.app to control my computer.

In Fusion, I have powered down my vm and removed the USB Controller and re-added it with restarts of the vm in between.

Any suggestions on next steps?  Thanks for your help/ideas!

Mike Gilley

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RickShu
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi MikeGGilley,

Can you try with the following steps as below:

1) Launch VMware Fusion, do not run any VM.

2) Open Terminal window in your MacOS, run the command: 'kextstat | grep VM', you should be able to see a line 'com.vmware.kext.vmioplug.18.x.0', if not, then there must be something wrong with Security & Privacy Settings. Check System Preferences==>Security & Privacy==>General, allow the kernel extension for VMware Fusion then restart the Fusion.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

-Rick

0 Kudos